Whatbird Community

Share Your Best or Favorite Photo of a Bird Species!

Kevin

2 hours ago, Johnd said:

Caspian terns are only common on the coasts. and are very similar to Royals.

I live about 10 minutes from a major waterway, the gorgeous Columbia River. However, I've never seen any Terns that I can recall. There is a large colony of Caspian Terns (and Double-crested Cormorants) at the mouth of the Columbia but I haven't had the pleasure of a road trip to go see them.

• Like 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, lonestranger said:

I am envious, always looked for them doing their flight displays but never had any luck.

In some areas they're pretty common around here. It's a sure sign of spring when they start peenting & doing their fluttering displays. They don't pay much attention to the people watching either. A few times they have come close to flying into me.

• Like 1

Snow Geese are rare in Florida so that makes this a fav. Funny though even though they are rare I have managed to see a handful in the 5 years we have been here. In Colorado, where I lived prior, in the winter they were abundant if you knew where to look. Sadly, while I know I have more photos I was unable to find many that were good. I know I have more good ones from Colorado somewhere in the thousands of photos I have.

029.JPG

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RobinHood said:

I thought I could remember posting one of these, so updated my list and found it - August 20.

For those that might want to revisit their previous Snow Goose posts to lessen the chance of duplication, which may be a moot point if @Charlie Spencer changes this week's bird, the Aug 20th Snow Goose begins on page 179. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Sorry, gang.  I've been having to travel on weekends a lot this summer.  I haven't been updating my spreadsheet with the birds we've done, so I wind up picking them again.

Lazuli Bunting

I forget. Can we post a male and female?