Whatbird Community

Share Your Best or Favorite Photo of a Bird Species!

Kevin

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scissor-tailed Flycatchers have a special place in my heart! I'd been interested in birding for a while, but this photo really got me into the hobby. I didn't know what bird this was, but noticing its cool tail was a neat moment. This is from Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin.

20150418_DSC_9652.JPG

• Like 11

2 hours ago, GracesWarbler said:

Scissor-tailed Flycatchers have a special place in my heart! I'd been interested in birding for a while, but this photo really got me into the hobby. I didn't know what bird this was, but noticing its cool tail was a neat moment. This is from Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin.

20150418_DSC_9652.JPG

Really fun birds to watch when they are chasing flying bugs

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RobinHood said:

At least I'm learning the names of some new species 🙂.

And it's not just a colour blindness test, those colours are associated with the bird too. After a quick look in my guide, I now know where those colours are on the bird, besides the green tail. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lonestranger said:

And it's not just a colour blindness test, those colours are associated with the bird too.

You're the first one to mention the colors!  I've been using them when possible for several weeks.  Sometimes I can't; the option doesn't appear when I'm using my phone or tablet, only on my computer.

• Like 1

Super tough choice as I have numerous photos of this beautiful hawk species. They are abundant in Colorado in the winter. They are easy to find there in the winter on utility and fence poles if you know where to look. Many of the photos I have of these birds are on fence post or utility poles. I have photos of dark morph Ferruginous Hawks as well as immature. But I decided to go with one not a utility or fence post. This one was near Aurora Reservoir in Arapahoe County watching a prairie dog hole hoping dinner would just pop out to be captured and eaten.

032 (4).JPG

• Like 7