Whatbird Community

Share Your Best or Favorite Photo of a Bird Species!

Kevin

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jerry Friedman said:

@Charlie Spencer, I'm confused about why you're confused.  Because you don't understand that I was identifying the dragonfly?  You don't see why anyone would ID a dragonfly in this context?  You disagree with my ID?

I just figured you thought you were on the Facebook Bird Misidentification Page!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Jerry Friedman said:

@Charlie Spencer, I'm confused about why you're confused.  Because you don't understand that I was identifying the dragonfly?  You don't see why anyone would ID a dragonfly in this context?  You disagree with my ID?

I mean Variegated Meadowhawk does sound like a bird species name right?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jerry Friedman said:

I had no clue what you were talking about.  I thought you were saying the photo had the bird misidentified, that maybe a VAME was some Mexican migrant I'd never heard of

Edited by Charlie Spencer

I am experimenting with the Tamron ultra long range telephoto zoom lens that arrived last Friday.  I may have to resume weightlifting exercises.  It is the heaviest chunk of machinery I have attached to my DSLR camera.  

Lesser Goldfinch at the feeder

f

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I had no clue what you were talking about.  I thought you were saying the photo had the bird misidentified, that maybe a VAME was some Mexican migrant I'd never heard of

Sorry about that--though ten seconds with the Web searcher of your choice would have cleared everything up.

10 hours ago, TexasCobra said:

I am experimenting with the Tamron ultra long range telephoto zoom lens that arrived last Friday.  I may have to resume weightlifting exercises.  It is the heaviest chunk of machinery I have attached to my DSLR camera.  

Lesser Goldfinch at the feeder

f

This week’s bird is the Black Phoebe. Please consider posting your nice goldfinch photo in a different topic that better fits that.