Whatbird Community

Share Your Best or Favorite Photo of a Bird Species!

Kevin

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lonesome55dove said:

Sadly I do not have a photo to share this week.

Thanks!  There's a lot going on around here and I'd completely forgotten my own shots!

Francis Beidler Forest Audubon Center & Sanctuary, Dorchester County, South Carolina lowcountry.  May 2021.

• Like 10

One of my favorite birds! Absolutely love these guys. Always so cooperative and fun to watch. I have over 120 photos of them on eBird! It’s impossible to pick a favorite, but I’ve always loved this one 1800

• Like 10

Yeah, and just a few weeks ago.  My apologies!  I've e-mailed our beloved moderators asking them to fix my previous post.  I'm still getting my records caught up but once we finish moving, I hope to do better!

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 1

Now I'm really jealous. First, Prothonotary Warbler last week, which I have none and would be a lifer for me. And now, Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker, which I have only seen in my yard, and they always look like they're in a state of molt. Is there a "Vagabond" subspecies? Well, at least I have some pictures. This will have to do.

Screen Shot 2024-04-28 at 2.17.17 PM.png

• Like 9

I kind of thought we had done Black Phoebe. This sapsucker species is the only one we have in Florida. They winter here. This photo I believe is from a trip to the Keys but we get them in our backyard also. Most of the time that I see them their plumage looks worn and doesn't make for attractive photos. 

119.JPG

• Like 10