Whatbird Community

Overflow

• 2 weeks later...

Chorus of Eastern Meadowlarks

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/614766691

I've been thinking about a long-term project that would be great for me if I went for a higher degree or was in an environmental science major. I would really like to preserve a record of bird choruses, or maybe create compilations of bird songs depending on habitat. It would be really cool to use immersive audio for something like that too, instead of just a mono setup or even stereo. Maybe when I have the time and money after schooling...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Avery said:

Chorus of Eastern Meadowlarks

Excellent, amazing assortment with Eastern and Western.

On a related topic I've been amusing myself recently with YT videos of Starlings showing their skills. I wonder how many incorrect Merlin IDs are due to these talented birds, I'm always extra cautious when they are in the vicinity.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Overflow from this weeks best or favorite species. Funny I really liked the one I choose for the actual topic but when I post it on Whatbird it isn't nearly as a nice a shot. Any way here is another from the same day at Cherry Creek State Park in Colorado in April 2018. A time when they pass through often in large numbers. I have only seen one since moving to Florida.

070.JPG

• Like 2

Overflow from this weeks species of the week. The 2nd one is my favorite as I don't see them in their breeding plumage as often as non-breeding here in North Florida. The last one is from Colorado where they are uncommon.

046 (2).JPG

068.JPG

106 (2).JPG

194.JPG

112 (3).JPG

039 (2).JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the other photo I liked that I referenced in Best or favorite... I have also included the first one I ever saw in Colorado back in 2013. Also the second one I saw in Colorado in 2016. The first photo posted is from Gainesville, Florida.  I'd love to see more of these they are a good looking bird.

DSCN6974.JPG

042.JPG

129.JPG

• Like 1