Whatbird Community
Barbara Connolly

Bird seen at Dead Horse Ranch State Park, Cottonwood, AZ

I love these birds.  They are so beautiful.  That being said... their song sets my teeth on edge.  I would need someone to run their fingers down a chalkboard to ease the discomfort from these soul splitting little bird calls.  I have a belief that their song could pierce 3 foot of reinforced concrete.  O.o

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Totah Sam said:

I love these birds.  They are so beautiful.  That being said... their song sets my teeth on edge.  I would need someone to run their fingers down a chalkboard to ease the discomfort from these soul splitting little bird calls.  I have a belief that their song could pierce 3 foot of reinforced concrete.  O.o

On the bright side, eventually you won't be able to hear them any more.  I'm in my fifties and I can't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Friedman said:

On the bright side, eventually you won't be able to hear them any more.  I'm in my fifties and I can't.

I'm 56 O.o

• Like 1

I'm 60.  I can hear most birds but not all.  The bigger problem is I have far more hearing loss in the right ear, so I am no longer able to accurately estimate the direction to a singing bird.  Even with hearing aids, if I hear a bird calling from what I estimate to be in front, I have to look toward 1:00 or even 1:30.

• Like 2