Whatbird Community

Albany for a Race

Birds are cool

3 hours ago, Birds are cool said:

My father and I and are doing a 6 hour.

Maybe it's still too early for me, but this sentence has me confused. I know you are going to a race but I've never heard of a race being defined by a time interval before instead of a distance. Just how far does one run in a 6 hour race?  Or am I missing something else here?

22 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

Maybe it's still too early for me, but this sentence has me confused. I know you are going to a race but I've never heard of a race being defined by a time interval before instead of a distance. Just how far does one run in a 6 hour race?  Or am I missing something else here?

Feeling silly now that I realize I'm in the Birding Trips section, so I have to wonder if it's a 6 hour drive to the race and not a 6 hour race? Still waking up slowly here and now I'm  wondering how likely it is that this would be your first 6 hour drive. 🤔 

I guess I need an explanation, I don't think more sleep will make me any less confused.

Edited by lonestranger

10 hours ago, lonestranger said:

It was a 6 hour race. You run as far as you can in a set amount of time. I put in 37 miles, my father broke the course record, and put in 41. Got some decent birds as well!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1