Whatbird Community

My bird calendar is finally done!

After months of sketching, drawing, and painting, my first ever calendar is finally finished!  The originals are all done in watercolor.

I intentionally chose some species that are perhaps not the first that come to mind when one thinks of New England. I painted each of the species in the habitat and season I associate them with. Thanks to everyone who posted encouraging comments. @GracesWarbler @MichaelLong

IMG_3302ig.jpg  IMG_3262ig.jpg

birdcalendarillustrations.jpg

• Like 19

21 hours ago, GracesWarbler said:

That's fantastic! Where can I buy one?

(And good timing too. Good thing you didn't take a couple more month.)

12 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Thank you all!

I've sent you a message. 🙂

I'd like to know also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The calendar arrived this morning, and I love it! Excellent work! I never could manage to pick a favorite, but I also couldn't pick a least favorite. I think that must mean you nailed it. 

I also like the cover design. I've been working on a website and thinking more about how colors work together. Really well done all around!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HamRHead said:

The calendar arrived this morning, and I love it! Excellent work! I never could manage to pick a favorite, but I also couldn't pick a least favorite. I think that must mean you nailed it. 

I also like the cover design. I've been working on a website and thinking more about how colors work together. Really well done all around!

Thank you so much!  May I ask what your website is for?

7 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Thank you so much!  May I ask what your website is for?

I have a small construction related business. I'm not sure that the website is essential. More of a fun project. Word-of-mouth tends to bring in as much as I can manage.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HamRHead said:

I have a small construction related business. I'm not sure that the website is essential. More of a fun project. Word-of-mouth tends to bring in as much as I can manage.

Ah, I see.  That's my kind of fun project as well.  I love designing websites, so much so that I may have too many... 😆

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...