Whatbird Community

Move this if it needs to be moved I guess. I haven't been on here much but, I'm kind of disappointed that the categories haven't been expanded upon at least a little.  There was more to do and keep people busy with all the old sections, even though they weren't all bird related. But, there are more bird related ones that could be put in.
Like, I don't know if this is the best spot of my general questions.

I'm wondering what people's opinions are on the free apps like Merlin and the Audubon guide.
I used to use Merlin a couple years ago, then I found the Audubon guide and at that time, it was way better. Merlin didn't have the features it does now. I'm wondering how they compare when it comes to the number of species they might have as well as the photos and sound files for each. Some birds, even in the audubon app, don't have sound files. Seems odd.

the phone I have has 8gb internal storage... 4gb of that is just the phone's software itself leaving just 4 for other apps. The audubon app is over 1gb. I don't have a lot on my phone but that 4gb disappears quickly. Some days I think about getting a new phone but, I rarely use it and I'm poor so it's not really worth spending a lot of money on such a device.
My old junky phone had the option to move most apps to a micro sd card. The newer phones don't let you do that... which stinks.  Oh, so that's another question...  how do the two apps compare as far as size goes? I'm wondering if the merlin app would use up less than 1gb.

I had another question but I forgot it. 😞  I hope this one is okay here since this section is on book, courses, products, etc... where else would it go?
Don't mind the complaining about the site. I REALLY loved it the way it was and I just don't handle change well. Will take me a long time to get used to this. 😞