Whatbird Community

Good Morning All,

I need help with a flycatcher.  I had thought a great crested flycatcher, but there is a white slash or spectacle of some sort at base of the bill.  I have a semi clear photo and then one with a better profile on my flickr acct.  Thanks for the help.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77189134@N07/albums/72157698577033304

Nancy E.

The white looks like an eye ring. Since these were taken 7/13 near Edwin B. Forsythe NWR, I think great crested would be a good guess, but is the eyering go big? Also the photo is over exposed but I cannot make out any yellow on the belly or rufous on the wings. What did you observe in the field?

Hopefully one of the pros can help you!!!

• Like 1

@TooFly  @akiley, @Nighthawk01it was at the other end of the parking lot and I could not see well with bins and used the camera and lens to bring it in clearer, or so I thought.  I had opened the lens for another photo I was taking and forgot to reset.  By the time I dropped exposure back, it flew.  😞 But I felt great crested flycatcher.  I had thought the white slash was lighting but the head on profile even out of focus had me wondering.  When I enlarge a bit more there is a hint of yellow.  Also there are several trails where GCF have been seen.  Thanks everyone.  

Nancy

• Like 1