Whatbird Community

On 6/13/2024 at 2:24 AM, Charlie Spencer said:

Any chance of a shot beside a ruler so we can see the length?

Thanks.

Unfortunately no, I left it sitting in the gravel but I'd say between 2" and 3". 

• Thanks 1

Here's a handy dandy little trick I've used many times out in the field...carry a $1 bill in your pocket, it measures a tiny smidge over 6 inches; you can put it in the photo with the feather. And, if you forget the dollar bill this works too, line up your hand with the feather then take a photo; measure your hand later. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, lonesome55dove said:

Here's a handy dandy little trick I've used many times out in the field...carry a $1 bill in your pocket, it measures a tiny smidge over 6 inches; you can put it in the photo with the feather. And, if you forget the dollar bill this works too, line up your hand with the feather then take a photo; measure your hand later. 

Didn't you see my special pet rock next to it for comparison Grampy??😊

I usually would use my Leatherman for such things. I am never without it, took it off just for a couple hours yesterday while I was in my brother's wedding ended up reaching for it several times and got asked for it once in that short time. It has actual measurements on it but it didn't cross my mind that it would be useful in this case. 

• Like 1