Whatbird Community

Saw this flock of Rock Pigeons beside the road in Parker County today, 1-29-19.  And was wondering what these are .DSCN1151.thumb.JPG.147650c8393ec38ac065028714f90a91.JPG

DSCN1150.JPG

DSCN1195.JPG

DSCN1182.JPG

I’ll place the stamp of approval on those affirmations.  Familial relationship, and all. 

Coloration: pieds,  and the lighter ones are grizzles, both controlled genetic effects. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Barred blue, white flight, with one of the bronze modifiers, of which there are several kinds. Some color combinations rival exotic birds. Google Archangels and gimpels, as examples. Yes, we are a beautiful lot. 😎

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pigeon said:

Barred blue, white flight, with one of the bronze modifiers, of which there are several kinds. Some color combinations rival exotic birds. Google Archangels and gimpels, as examples. Yes, we are a beautiful lot. 😎

My favorite ones here have irridescent purple heads and necks, chocolate brown backs, wings, and underparts, and white tails. They're gorgeous, and actually pretty common, but I don't think I have a picture of one.