Whatbird Community

Landscapes

1 minute ago, DLecy said:

Yes. It was super clear. I was hopeful for migrants but not much going on. Couldn't find that darn SACR either. The views are always worth it though.

At least you had that REVI, that one of those stupid birds I still need for the county. 

2 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

At least you had that REVI, that one of those stupid birds I still need for the county. 

You'll definitely get one soon enough. One or two seem to show up every year. Last year I had one in the spring and the fall, so they definitely pass through. 

1 minute ago, DLecy said:

You'll definitely get one soon enough. One or two seem to show up every year. Last year I had one in the spring and the fall, so they definitely pass through. 

I will. What's annoying is I've been out on the OP two times when they've been seen earlier in the day, but seemed to disappear before I got there.

5 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I will. What's annoying is I've been out on the OP two times when they've been seen earlier in the day, but seemed to disappear before I got there.

While annoying, having a nemesis is fun, because it's always supremely satisfying to conquer one. 💪

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Pit River, Shasta co. California. A great river to fly-fish, if anyone is interested in that. Beware, as it is known as the slipperiest river in California. However, it was worth it, I caught many good fish on the river.

IMG_8786.thumb.jpeg.c4e36c4b0f5fb4dedb48f07821beacf6.jpeg

Edited by Connor Cochrane
  • Like 6

On 5/30/2021 at 11:08 AM, Seanbirds said:

That would make for an awesome puzzle!

Do you like doing puzzles? I do but nothing less than a thousand pieces for me.

2 hours ago, Clip said:

Do you like doing puzzles? I do but nothing less than a thousand pieces for me.

My grandma does a lot around the holidays (when a lot of people visit her and help her work on the puzzle 😉). When we’re at her house, we work on the puzzle together. I’m pretty good at it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clip said:

I do but nothing less than a thousand pieces for me.

Same here. We have a cabinet that always has several in it, so whenever someone decides to start one they just go pic one out. 

It was near my birthday and some friends of ours want me to send them two or three of my favorite photos, that's all they told me, anyway I sent two photos to them. Neither of them where exactly good pictures for a puzzle... so we have a two thousand piece puzzle:

😬

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

Same here. We have a cabinet that always has several in it, so whenever someone decides to start one they just go pic one out. 

It was near my birthday and some friends of ours want me to send them two or three of my favorite photos, that's all they told me, anyway I sent two photos to them. Neither of them where exactly good pictures for a puzzle... so we have a two thousand piece puzzle:

😬

That would be so cool to have your photos turned into a puzzle. I have looked into this a couple of times but never found any place that did more 200 pieces.

13 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

Sunset at Quivira National Wildlife Refuge

IMG_0785.thumb.JPG.b13b23cd821f93ab6f935a89d11bfc3c.JPG

Beautiful! I love Quivira NWR! We went here a few times. Never got a single life bird but oh my the shear numbers of birds at various times of the year AMAZING! Stayed in Great Bend Kansas.

• Like 3