Whatbird Community

Taken 06 APR 2012 / South-Central Washington / Klickitat County / USA

Please help identify this sparrow...Ithink I know what it is and have it marked as such but I don't want to fowl the water with my suggestion. Thank you. 🙂

P4060970

2 hours ago, lonesome55dove said:

Thank you...I had my doubts about what I had it marked as so I'm glad I asked...deep down I knew Fox Sparrow was not right.  🙂

I'm sorry. I was watching this because I thought about Fox, too. Actually it doesn't look like Eastern Fox or Song.

Just now, HamRHead said:

I'm sorry. I was watching this because I thought about Fox, too. Actually it doesn't look like Eastern Fox or Song.

Yeah, western Song Sparrows are much grayer with lighter brown streaking than our Songs.

• Like 1

grrr... hate is not the correct word as, of course, I LOVE birds... but, sometimes I hate them. HA...  looks nothing like the song sparrows we have here...  and then the western purple finches I'm learning can have streaked undertails....  SO many frustrating birds. 😞  I want to travel and see more but I think I'd lose my mind. HA

9 hours ago, millipede said:

grrr... hate is not the correct word as, of course, I LOVE birds... but, sometimes I hate them. HA...  looks nothing like the song sparrows we have here...  and then the western purple finches I'm learning can have streaked undertails....  SO many frustrating birds. 😞  I want to travel and see more but I think I'd lose my mind. HA

I don't recall where you're located, but you may not have to travel far to reach a different environment.  Especially in the east, new locations are often within a couple of hours or an easy day trip.  Fire up eBird and look for the hotspots!