Whatbird Community

Sparrow Texas 78070

Just now, millipede said:

Do chipping sparrows visit feeders? In the past we've had some in the neighborhood but never near our house.

From allaboutbirds.org -  

Chipping Sparrows will eat many kinds of birdseed, particularly black oil sunflower seeds from feeders, but also seed mixes scattered on the ground. Shrubs or small trees in your yard may entice Chipping Sparrows to build a nest.

This species often comes to bird feeders. Find out more about what this bird likes to eat and what feeder is best by using the Project FeederWatch Common Feeder Birds bird list.

I'll have to see what I can do to lure some in. My yard is pretty good for a LOT of birds... has to be something missing... oh yeah, I often find them in areas with pines. I do have a couple pines but not a lot. Eh...  I'll have to keep these birds in mind, somehow.

millipede - Every year, we put our used Christmas tree outside near our feeder station and every year we get a chipping sparrow nesting in it. By nesting time the needles have fallen off and its just a dead tree laying there, but they use it. We prop the tree up against a large lilac bush and tie it with sting to prevent it from blowing over

• Like 2