Whatbird Community

Not the clearest of pictures, but hopefully it is good enough for someone to help me ID this bird.  This was taken on 3-16-19 in central Oklahoma. Thanks

Brown Creeper (maybe).JPG

Brown Creeper (maybe)2.JPG

Definitely! It was fun trying to find where it was in the picture. They’re hard to capture pics of (I know this because we have a few of them in our back yard who hang out on a very similar looking massive old oak tree as the one in your photo 😄). I lovehow they’re always are so focused and busy as they spiral round round... 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Winter said:

I lovehow they’re always are so focused and busy as they spiral round round... 

Ha!  We always talk about how we love how focused Brown Creepers are!  Funny you noticed that, too.

• Haha 1

This is an insiders joke, right?  There's really not a bird in these photos at all, but we pretend we see one and talk about it as if it was there.  I get it now.  Yeah, Brown Creeper; that's right.

All of which is my way of asking for help because I can't find the frickin' bird.

You can see it best in the second photo because it is against the sky.  From the center of the photo, go halfway to the left then go to the top of that branch.  Does that help? :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

This is an insiders joke, right?  There's really not a bird in these photos at all, but we pretend we see one and talk about it as if it was there.  I get it now.  Yeah, Brown Creeper; that's right.

All of which is my way of asking for help because I can't find the frickin' bird.

I know. I spent forever looking for the bird. I finally found it but I had been looking for something much larger. I kept thinking- I know they blend in but this is ridiculous.

• Like 2

I guess I've seen enough Brown Creepers that I know to look for something tiny, especially on huge trees, which they prefer.  But sometimes I hear one and I just can't find it.

20 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

You can see it best in the second photo because it is against the sky.  From the center of the photo, go halfway to the left then go to the top of that branch.  Does that help? :classic_unsure:

Thanks.  Now that I know the right area, I can see it in the first photo too.

Like HamRHead, I was looking for something much larger in relationship to the limb.  That branch must be much bigger than I initially interpreted it.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

...that branch must be much bigger than I initially interpreted it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a big branch.

Edited by HamRHead
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HamRHead said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a big branch.

Oh, no!  Not again!  😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/21/2019 at 4:55 AM, The Bird Nuts said:

Oh, no!  Not again!  😆

I'm afraid so. I don't think we'll ever get to the root of this problem! :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 2