Whatbird Community

I'm not disagreeing with Liam's ID but Purple Martin's usually that far north in mid-April?  Of course, KY is a big state; Dax could be in Jellico or somewhere else just over the TN border.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I'm not disagreeing with Liam's ID but Purple Martin's usually that far north in mid-April?  Of course, KY is a big state; Dax could be in Jellico or somewhere else just over the TN border.

If he's the same Dax I know from Kentucky, he's more north, near Louisville, I think.

Either way, the martins have returned as far north as Ontario this year and there's no shortage of reports from N. Kentucky this year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liam said:

If he's the same Dax I know from Kentucky, he's more north, near Louisville, I think.

Either way, the martins have returned as far north as Ontario this year and there's no shortage of reports from N. Kentucky this year. 

Yep, it's me.  Just south of Louisville.

All local martin houses are active as of this week in central NY, so PUMA's are definitely around. :)