Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, The Bird Nuts said:

I'm thinking young Bald Eagle with a fish in its talons.

Is the head big enough for a Bald Eagle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, HamRHead said:

Is the head big enough for a Bald Eagle?

That's what was bugging me, but I think it could be looking down (or eating the fish).

Edited by The Bird Nuts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

That's what was bugging me, but I think it could be looking down (or eating the fish).

Okay, so either way not a Golden Eagle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HamRHead said:

Okay, so either way not a Golden Eagle?

Yeah, Goldens have rounder wings and a different tail shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Yeah, Goldens have rounder wings and a different tail shape.

Thanks. It is the job of easterners to turn Bald Eagles, vultures, and European Starlings into Golden Eagles. So just doing my job. Incidentally, we do get a few Golden Eagles through the area. I believe the last one was in January.

Also if this sounds a bit loopy, it's because just got out of surgery for a torn rotator cuff. Ooof. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HamRHead said:

Thanks. It is the job of easterners to turn Bald Eagles, vultures, and European Starlings into Golden Eagles. So just doing my job. Incidentally, we do get a few Golden Eagles through the area. I believe the last one was in January.

Also if this sounds a bit loopy, it's because just got out of surgery for a torn rotator cuff. Ooof. 

OUCH.  Let's get to the important stuff: how long before you can raise your binos?  :classic_ohmy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Left-handed right now. With both hands I'm not sure. I think at least three months but maybe longer. In 6 months I can resume all normal activity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...