Whatbird Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Going to Europe - need way to id birds

I am going to Europe (Romania, Hungary, Austria, Germany) soon and wondered if there was a good android app that you recommend for bird ids?

When I get back I will give you a report.

Thank you.

On 4/22/2019 at 6:42 AM, guy_incognito said:

The Merlin app has birds of Europe, although I don't know if the coverage of birds in Romania and Hungary might be incomplete?

The Merlin app? Thanks, I'll try

Got back last night. The trip was with my parents (I am almost 13). We had two birding trips planned: one to lake Konigssee, Germany and one to a gorge in Austria . Sadly when we got there the weather changed drastically. It was supposed to be 65-75f  but instead it was 25-40f and snowing or raining nearly the all the time.:classic_sad:. We did not have anything but light jackets so the gorge got canceled completely. We went to the lake and took a boat ride but did not get out and had planned to walk down some trails they had but it was sleeting heavily. But I still got a few birds.

Mallards, Gray herons, House sparrows, European goldfinch and White storks. and several other birds that I have not identified.

I will post photos later.