Whatbird Community
Sign in to follow this  
akandula

Juvenile Yellow-rumped Warbler?

Posted (edited)

I saw this brownish bird in Ridley Creek State Park, PA. There was a male Yellow-rumped Warbler next to it, but the adult was not involved with this individual. 

The bird had a strange behavior of creeping up and down trunks of trees. Does anybody have an ID for this bird? I can supply more photos if needed. Thanks in advance. 32710533617_2457df44e6_o.jpg32710525047_9559b1a5f2_o.jpg

Edited by akandula

Posted (edited)

I know that the pictures take a long time to load, but because the bird was so distant, I wanted to show you full resolution. Try to zoom in on your device. Sorry about the inconvenience. 

Edited by akandula

Thanks so much for the ID. Can someone explain why the bird has such a bright, orange back? Also, is this a 1st-year male?

Blackburnian, do you live in Arizona?

1 hour ago, akandula said:

Thanks so much for the ID. Can someone explain why the bird has such a bright, orange back? Also, is this a 1st-year male?

Blackburnian, do you live in Arizona?

North Carolina. I will be birding in AZ in June. 

On 4/21/2019 at 3:44 PM, blackburnian said:

North Carolina. I will be birding in AZ in June. 

Cool! I have never been to Arizona, but I know someone about your age and his favorite bird is the Blackburnian Warbler. 

Good luck in Arizona; I heard the state has very unique species and wonderful photo ops.