Whatbird Community

This one has got me confused.  Taken Apr. 25, 2019 in the Merritt Island NWR in Florida.  The blotches of blue feathers look like those of a Little Blue Heron changing to adult plummage.  But the black bill, black legs and yellow feet would indicate a Snowy Egret.  Also the wispy plumage would indicate breeding plumage of an adult.  Little Blue, Snowy, hybrid, color morph, or what?

Thanks for any help,
Art

7D2_6076.jpg

wow... fascinating bird. Your photo? Any idea on size? It's difficult to judge from the photo. My eyes want to say it's larger than a snowy but, that doesn't mean it is of course.
And those plumes look like what you'd see on a little egret.  Is this a hybrid? just an odd color morph? an escaped pet? I'm as stumped as you and am eagerly waiting to see what others thing on it. Very interesting. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks Kerri!  This seems to be the same or a very similar hybrid (original story was 6 years ago).  For now I'll go with Snowy/Tricolor hybrid.

Art