Whatbird Community

Butterflies, Moths, Odes & Other Insects

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Twelve-spotted Skimmer by The Bird Nuts, on Flickr Tiger Swallowtail by The Bird Nuts, on Flickr

A few of my Butterfly pictures - Summer 2019 (the name of each Butterfly is reflected in the file name) Eastern Tiger Swallowtail by Johnny, on Flickr American Lady by Johnny, on Flickr

Reposting because the above photo was deleted.  @Aveschapines Could you please delete the post above?  Thanks!! Praying Mantis by The Bird Nuts, on Flickr

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 9:34 PM, slidinghills said:

Identification help. Please and thank you.

IMG_71101.jpg

You've probably gotten your question answered somewhere else, but that's a darner.  It looks a lot like a Regal Darner, which is found mostly in the coastal plain from Virginia to Texas, but I'm not sure at all.  The location would be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 8:42 PM, Jerry Friedman said:

You've probably gotten your question answered somewhere else, but that's a darner.  It looks a lot like a Regal Darner, which is found mostly in the coastal plain from Virginia to Texas, but I'm not sure at all.  The location would be helpful.

Location is southwestern Alberta in the Rocky Mountains north of Waterton Lakes National Park. Observed near a pond and wetland.

Edited by slidinghills
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...