Whatbird Community

Butterflies, Moths, Odes & Other Insects

Sorry; I'm not sure why I didn't respond to this last year, but we're not looking to expand the site beyond birds, especially not for photo threads; as you all know photos use up a lot of space and the site owner has generously increased our allotment for uploading photos (some of you will remember the "old days" when just a couple of photos used up the allotment) so we are not encouraging people to post more non-bird-related photos.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Aveschapines said:

Sorry; I'm not sure why I didn't respond to this last year, but we're not looking to expand the site beyond birds, especially not for photo threads; as you all know photos use up a lot of space and the site owner has generously increased our allotment for uploading photos (some of you will remember the "old days" when just a couple of photos used up the allotment) so we are not encouraging people to post more non-bird-related photos.

Will keep in mind. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I thought it was a commonly used contraction.  The predictive spelling suggested it, and spell check didn't gag on it.

I think it's very common in spoken English, but not so much in writing. I did understand it immediately, though.

• Like 1

One way to post photos and still have the full quality versions displayed without using WhatBirds' space: upload them to iNaturalist, eBird, or BirdForum first. Then copy to photo link and embed it in your post, by clicking 'insert image from URL.' That way the forum is using the external photo information instead of transferring that info to WhatBirds' database. I only actually upload a picture to WhatBird without and embedded link about once a week...

Edited by Jefferson Shank
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, sbruenjes said:

Any chance I could get this butterfly identified? I saw it over the summer in Arizona, and I'm not at all familiar with it. Is this the right forum to even ask?

IMG_2669 (2).JPG

Looks like a Melissa Blue to me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1