Whatbird Community
sbutk

UnID bird recording in late evening

Can anyone help identify this bird, that I think is hiding under my hedge? 

My Android app is consistently suggesting Wood Thrush; Baltimore Oriole; and even Blue Jay - though looking up each of these calls specifically is NOT a match for what I've recorded.

This is second night we've been hearing this [presumed] bird; my mom hopes it won't keep her up again when she's trying to sleep!  😯

Thanks!

Hahaha.  I feel only partially foolish now.  Thanks, though!  🙂

Recorded a new sound tonight - the "trill",  against the backdrop of what you have taught me Is a Spring Peeper [and my friend confirmed is indeed a mating call]

...would this also be the same species (a "response" from the other sex, say) - or a different critter entirely?

Thanks.

Sorry, I think I ran into a space issue.  Here's the audio/video uploaded onto a host site.  Are you perchance able to ID the "trill" in the recording?

Thanks!

47844141232_a0d2239097_z.jpgP1900147 by sbutk, on Flickr

That is a tree frog. There are several species and I don't know all the songs to them but it sounds like the gray tree frogs we have here in Arkansas. Location might matter, if the calls are similar.