Whatbird Community

I'll start with the easy ones... not sounds... not even my birds. I looked at a local eBird report of a veery and when I saw the picture, I questioned it. Color seems wrong... bold pattern/stripes on the bottom/side of the face seems too strong... eye-ring seemed too noticeable. I'd call it a Swainson's thrush but I'm no expert.
I "reported" it and gave my reasoning why, the other day. It hasn't been changed yet so far. I just want to make sure I didn't make a fool of myself reporting it...
https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/159445071

From there I saw you can see other pictures of veeries and I found another one that I'd want to call a swainson's thrush...

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/159796131

Now the complicated... the kind where you'll be scratching your head with little advice for me.

I was hearing some calls today... at first I was describing it as four notes, or syllables... 2 up, 2 down. Later I heard it again and could think about it better... it was more like 6 syllables. I'm thinking tweedle dee, tweedle dum... first part kind of going up, second part kind of going down.
To add to that confusion(there's more) the sound reminds me of a henslow's sparrow. Not the pattern but the sort of sound to it. 
We have a couple pair of house finches that visit our feeders... I haven't been able to see what's singing though and I don't THINK it's the finches... can't say though.

I will add that I'm glad for the confusion. It had me call my daughter out to come listen and if I hadn't, she wouldn't have seen a mourning warbler RIGHT out our window. I've heard two this year but this is the first one I've seen this year and it was NOT vocal at all.

bumping my own post here. The sounds I described, well I'll understand if it is confusing and nobody has any thoughts. I'm okay with that...  (unless it turned out to be something I haven't seen before... HA)

But any thoughts on the thrushes? I'm certain that neither are a veery... and would lean towards swainson's but I wanted 2nd opinions. This should be easy... 🙂

I am in Nashville and have been trying to identify a bird I heard yesterday. This morning I labeled the sound as;

tweedle-dee - tweedle-dom. “Googled” it and found this thread. I have listened to the sounds of all the birds I know to be in this area, but no luck. I was able to record the bird sound so maybe I can stop scratching my head soon.

1 hour ago, @Retired2018 said:

I was able to record the bird sound so maybe I can stop scratching my head soon.

Cool. You should be able to upload a sound file here and there are people that can help ID that way.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:52 AM, millipede said:

Cool. You should be able to upload a sound file here and there are people that can help ID that way.

Okay, thanks. I will see if I can get it from my phone and upload it here.

33 minutes ago, @Retired2018 said:

Okay, thanks. I will see if I can get it from my phone and upload it here.

If you do, please start a new discussion.  People who have already read millipede's topic might miss your question.