Whatbird Community

Please help me identify this bird. It darts around in the trees so capturing a picture has been impossible! He cries from sunup to sundown and I don't hear any others replying to his cries. He looks like a male Baltimore Oriole. He's hung around for a couple of weeks. I'm in SW Michigan, at the Northern Indiana border. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!! 

Why is he singing as he is? I'm so confused as I'd never heard an Oriole song like this. Is he looking for a mate? Lost? Young? Old? I'm really confused. 

13 hours ago, Estela_Salazar said:

Please help me identify this bird. It darts around in the trees so capturing a picture has been impossible! He cries from sunup to sundown and I don't hear any others replying to his cries. He looks like a male Baltimore Oriole. He's hung around for a couple of weeks. I'm in SW Michigan, at the Northern Indiana border. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!!

From Cornell Lab's Bird Academy: "Evidence suggests that in part, it is to proclaim and defend their territories. Studies have also shown that songs play a crucial role in attracting and impressing potential mates and may signal the overall health of the singer. As in humans, singing in birds is often a chance to show off."

https://academy.allaboutbirds.org/birdsong/

I'm not sure orioles sing any more than other songbirds, but they sure are loud.  An oriole sang very loudly right outside my window early this morning!