Whatbird Community

I didn't even know this bird was there until I looked at the picture on my computer.  Is it a Sora maybe?  It was a very small pond off a quad trail in Northern Ontarios woods.Thank you.

DSC_7295.jpg

Haha maybe I'm seeing things and had too much sun and squinting today.  Yes center, where the brush starts from the waterline.  You see a little bit of white breast and it's neck and head are up and facing  to the right

Posted (edited)

If I stare at the center and let my eyes unfocus, I can see a 3D unicorn.

It looks like the wrong environment for a turnstone.  There's water but it's too brushy.  They feed by looking under debris on open shores.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Haha fine.... I'll stop thinking it's a bird.

maybe.

Edited by Buddym

I love stick birds... most of the time.

Everything that makes it look like a bird here also, to me makes it not look like a bird. The details I see that look bird like, I can't see any bird looking like that. My vote is it's just part of the debris/branches. I've seen some nice ones that looked like alligators, bitterns, and more. Saw a long-tailed duck(where one was reported) that ended up being a buoy or something. And I've been taken in by an actual decoy or two.

• Like 1