Whatbird Community

These two birds were seen today along a nature park in south-central Montana.  After looking through my books I thought maybe one could be a Thrush and the other a Vireo? Not positive though.  Any help with identifying these two birds would be greatly appreciated.  Thank YOU!!

what bird 2.JPG

what bird .JPG

I wish I could see more features on the first bird. What I can see has me thinking about sparrows fro some reason.
The second one is indeed a flycatcher. I think Least flycatcher is a candidate but I'm not committing to that at this point. :)

Hopefully someone else will offer some thoughts on both birds.
If you have any other pictures of the first, I'd like to see them.

• Like 1

Thank You cvanbosk and millipede, very helpful comments!  I'm pretty certain now the second bird is a Least Flycatcher,  the first one I'm still not so sure.  I wish I had better pictures of it's wings, tail etc. but unfortunately I don't.  I've attached the only other pictures I was able to get, and they're not really any better, but hopefully they help.  Thanks again for your help.

IMG_9142.JPG

IMG_9141.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

without seeing more, or hearing, I often have trouble with tennessee warbler vs some of the vireos. I'm having a hard time judging the whole bird but, I'd lean towards this being a tennessee warbler.
BUT, don't just try and confirm on your own, wait for other replies. Someone else will reply...  🙂

• Like 1

I'm feeling Dusky for the first one (relatively large bill, long lean appearance). The second one I'm not sure on but I'm thinking Hammond's (shortish bill with short primary projection).

• Like 1