Whatbird Community

Why Can't I ID This Bird?

I am better at identifying birds by sound than by sight. Why is that? Even when I go through my 1000pg books, I can't find them. 

Here's the latest. At my place of work in Fort Lauderdale Florida, there is a spherical nest in a tree and this bird (pictured) is always perched by, calling loudly when I get too close.

I included a picture of what I believe is the female as well as a picture of the nest. I looked at an unabridged Smithsonian Guide to birds of every bird that makes spherical nests and none matched. 20190522_153047.thumb.jpg.29175d1257ffb5f5ef9a0897851ee91b.jpg

Thank you!

20190522_153339.jpg

20190522_153228-01.jpeg

PHOTO_20190522_152943-02.jpeg

1 hour ago, Simester said:

Afterthought: I thought it was a sort of sparrow, but I didn't find any that made spherical nests and/or that are in South Florida. 

House sparrows are mean things that take over the nests of other birds. They'll kick bluebirds out of their nest boxes. I've seen a family in a dinner plate sized nest before up in a tree... and I've seen them nesting in cliff swallow nests on the side of a bridge.
I think the only time I've seen them with their own sort of nests is when they're in town finding crevices in old buildings to nest in.

2 hours ago, millipede said:

House sparrows are mean things that take over the nests of other birds. They'll kick bluebirds out of their nest boxes. I've seen a family in a dinner plate sized nest before up in a tree... and I've seen them nesting in cliff swallow nests on the side of a bridge.
I think the only time I've seen them with their own sort of nests is when they're in town finding crevices in old buildings to nest in.

House Sparrows aren't mean, they're being House Sparrows.  You're anthropomorphizing.