Whatbird Community
chipperatl

Rising Field Sparrow call, or whistling Prairie Warbler - SW MI 6/12

There were Field Sparrows also.  I was in Bird Sanctuary, old-growth next to several open fields with large fence rows filled with various trees/bushes.  I see some Field Sparrow calls on Xeno-canto.  They typically start down around 3K hz and rise to around 5K hz.  There are some Prairie that are more musical and start at around 4k hz, and rise to almost 6k hz.  My recording starts around 4k hz and rises just over 5k hz.  I know it lacks the buzzy typical of the Prairie.  Just wondering if maybe this was one of the more musical ones.  

Thanks for confirmation.  This is gives us a first eBird record for my county.  Hopefully it sticks around for others.  

Any one else have any thoughts?  A couple of eBird reviewers contacted me with some concern about it not being quite right.  I found some Xeno-Canto and eBird recordings that were close.  There was a FISP about 1/4 mile away that had a slight rise, albeit at 1k hz lower.