Whatbird Community

Hello, This morning I had a good reason to make a post in quite some time.  I copied the BBCode from Imgur.  Now, I cannot actually see the photo in my post under Lifers.  I also inadvertently posted the same photo twice.  Now I am having problems editing my post.  I am just not seeing the "Edit" option.  Again, it has been almost a year since I started my new User name after the system crash and I am having some problems navigating.  I have tried using the search feature to try to find topics like "editing" and "posting photos from Imgur" without success.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Sadly (very sadly in my opinion) the option to edit has largely disappeared. Once you submit a post, you will see the edit button below your post briefly. I think it stays there about 2 minutes and then it disappears. Since it usually takes me 3 minutes to notice my mistakes...:classic_sad:

This may be my number one beef with the new site. I would personally like to see no time limit on edits, but if there is some (unknown to me) reason why there has to be one, make it at least 24 hours.

I'm afraid I can't help with the BBCode.

Edit: As you can see I had to edit this post.:classic_laugh:

Second edit: Also if you take too long with your edit and the window passes, the edit will not be accepted.:classic_blink:

Edited by HamRHead
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HamRHead said:

Since it usually takes me 3 minutes to notice my mistakes...:classic_sad:

I usually notice your mistakes much faster than that.

• Haha 2