Whatbird Community

Thanks, Creeker. That's it. I looked back through my life list and had Orchard Oriole. I just failed to name the photos. Guess that's what happens with age! Thanks again.

I'm trying to tag my photos and add them to eBird within a week of sighting so I don't wind up stumbling down the twists and turns of Memory Lane.

2 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I'm trying to tag my photos and add them to eBird within a week of sighting so I don't wind up stumbling down the twists and turns of Memory Lane.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I still do mine the old fashioned way, write them down in a notebook of My Lifelist. I have been noting for the past few years where and when I get a lifer (which are getting fewer and farther between since I don't get out birding much anymore). So when Creeker IDed it I was able to look it up in my lifelist and had the place and date,(which matched the place and date on the photo info) since it was a lifer for me. I just had failed to tag the photo on my 'puter. I have a few thousand bird photos in my computer files, with the most of them tagged, but still have a few I missed at the time. That's what I was working on when I ran across the untagged photos above and wasn't sure of the ID. 

• Like 1

I've  been birding so many years and I always kept my lists in the back index of my field guides. So many years and so many lost field guides later, I now have lots of my sightings on ebird. But I haven't done any historical yet, and many birds I can't remember for sure if I've seen or not. Guess I just have to go see them again.