Whatbird Community
bobolink2014

Juniper Titmouse and Bushtit ID

In comparing a few pixs,  I wanted to confirm I had the correct ID's.    Thanks.   #3 from Oregon has more brown on back than #2 from Arizona.  Could it be a regional difference or juvenile?

1) Juniper Titmouse - AZ June - https://forums.whatbird.com/index.php?/gallery/image/487-grand-canyon-np-az-1png/

2) Bushtit - AZ June - https://forums.whatbird.com/index.php?/gallery/image/488-grand-canyon-np-az-2png/&context=new

3) Bushtit - OR June - https://forums.whatbird.com/index.php?/gallery/image/489-oregon-3png/&context=new

5 minutes ago, blackburnian said:

Agree with your ID’s. Where’d you see the Juniper in AZ?

I know!  All I see there is Bridled.

• Like 1

Thanks

Juniper Titmouse ,  seen at Grand Canyon south rim.    Sorry not considering northern / southern AZ zonal differences.    I saw this 5 minutes after seeing the Bushtit their.   It was only going through recent Oregon pictures and making some comparisons did I even realize I might have had a Juniper Titmouse in the group.

I agree with your ID's. I got my lifer Juniper Titmouse at the south rim of the Grand Canyon several years ago. Only one I have ever seen!

2 hours ago, bobolink2014 said:

Thanks

Juniper Titmouse ,  seen at Grand Canyon south rim.    Sorry not considering northern / southern AZ zonal differences.    I saw this 5 minutes after seeing the Bushtit their.   It was only going through recent Oregon pictures and making some comparisons did I even realize I might have had a Juniper Titmouse in the group.

Yep that's where I saw them, too

7 hours ago, bobolink2014 said:

Thanks

Nice. I recently returned from SE AZ and that was one of my few misses, albeit not a huge one. I never went that far north. 

Now I'm thinking I may have seen one at the south rim back in 1994. Darn it! I think Juniper and Oak were one species back then, so I didn't bother documenting it.

I love these little guys. See them all the time around my house.  They are quite entertaining.  They do all kinds of acrobatics in the branches of our juniper and piñon trees.  I could watch them for hours (If they stuck around more than 30 seconds).  😛

• Like 1