Whatbird Community
Greg Voth

Bird Song I don't recognize

We moved into a new home in Connecticut last fall that has a stream and woods behind.  This summer I have regularly heard a new bird I don't recognize.  I haven't been able to see it.   The song is flute like with trills, somewhat similar to some thrushes, but it doesn't seem to be any thrush I can find recordings of.  Attached is an audio recording.  Let me know if any of you recognize it.  Thanks, Greg

Unknown Bird Song.wav

Thanks for the responses.  I have been listening to Wood Thrush recordings online and didn't find any with the repeated two notes followed by trill.  But I think the wood thrush identification must be right.   I guess individual wood thrush can have quite different songs?

12 hours ago, Greg Voth said:

Thanks for the responses.  I have been listening to Wood Thrush recordings online and didn't find any with the repeated two notes followed by trill.  But I think the wood thrush identification must be right.   I guess individual wood thrush can have quite different songs?

Individual variation, yes