Whatbird Community
Sign in to follow this  
millipede

Birding in Massachusetts...

This just in.....
(there, that makes this news...  honestly there isn't a good spot for this but wanted to share anyway...)

There's a facebook group for Birding in Massachusetts in case anyone here is interested. I don't consider this advertising because I don't get anything out of it...  The group was semi active a few years ago, then it wasn't... whomever created it left it abandoned so I took it over and started approving members and such again...  If for nothing else, check out the group cover photo...  It's a red-tailed hawk that landed on the board holding a clothesline in my mom's backyard... several kids were playing nearby and this hawk did not mind. Head was turning every which way, studying, looking, listening for prey. I'd walk a little closer and snap another photo... probably got to about 10 feet away before it flew to the neighbor's yard. It just sat there for so long it was just amazing... heard calls for "lunch" coming from the kitchen window but I kept on snapping photos and just staring at the bird...