Whatbird Community
ruthcatrin

Baby Cedar Waxwing

Found this fellow at the base of one of the smaller maple trees in our yard.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to spot the nest (to put him back in it), so we're going to have to hope that the wildlife will leave him alone long enough for him to get mobile.  I can keep my dogs away from him, but I can't do anything about the neighbors cats (don't get me started) or the foxes or coyotes who think my yard is their highway.

IMGB4654.JPG

• Like 1

Every picture I can find of nestling cedar waxwings shows those yellow tips.  I can't find any photos of nestling Red Eyed Vireos with yellow tips.  

• Like 1

Every picture I can find of nestling cedar waxwings shows those yellow tips.  I can't find any photos of nestling Red Eyed Vireos with yellow tips.  

I misidentified it! See my last post...

• Like 1

For what its worth, this baby was gone the next day when I went to check on it.  No clue if the parents managed to herd it into the brush, or if something got it.  The chances are high that something got it.

• Like 1