Whatbird Community

Taken yesterday afternoon on Proctor Rd in Madera Canyon in the dispersed camping area that many Mesquite trees where this bird moved fairly rapidly through the foliage.  A substantial bill for its size that has a small hook, whiskers,  yellow wash to underside of belly, fairly white under beak, white line above eye, plain-colored back with no apparent wing bars.  I've had trouble recalling the size but would estimate the large range of  5-7". 

Unknown1-2340.jpg

Unknown1-2345.jpg

Unknown1-2346.jpg

Sorry.  Madera Canyon is a little south of Tucson Arizona up in the mountains.  

This is indeed a Warbling Vireo. Proctor Road is right at the base of the mountains, before the oaks and pines start.

Where's Madera Canyon? 

As soon as you start looking to bird out of your area, you'll learn this name. It's one of the best-known birding locations in SE Arizona, itself one of the top destinations for birders. Staked-out Elf Owls, hummingbirds, Elegant Trogons, Painted Redstarts, etc., etc. And to top it off, the last few years a nesting pair of Black-capped Gnatcatchers.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, psweet said:

As soon as you start looking to bird out of your area, you'll learn this name. It's one of the best-known birding locations in SE Arizona, itself one of the top destinations for birders. Staked-out Elf Owls, hummingbirds, Elegant Trogons, Painted Redstarts, etc., etc. And to top it off, the last few years a nesting pair of Black-capped Gnatcatchers.

Thanks.  I don't know what I ain't asked about.

Edited by Charlie Spencer

13 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Thanks.  I don't know what I ain't asked about.

Lol. It’s the reason I bird! My buddy “creeker” took me out birding for my first time, we visited SEAZ from San Diego...I never stood a chance!!! #gameover

2 hours ago, TooFly said:

Lol. It’s the reason I bird! My buddy “creeker” took me out birding for my first time, we visited SEAZ from San Diego...I never stood a chance!!! #gameover

Which reminds me, is creeker back on the forum?