Whatbird Community

Madera Canyon #2 ID

Yesterday behind the Santa Rita lodge on the nature trail in Madera Canyon.  Bird was moving quickly through trees at mid-level.  I thought this was a Plumbeous Vireo when I heard the continuous slow short phrases with a second or two between but when I looked at the photos it seemed to have too much color.  Almost looks like a Cassin's but it doesn't have a well-defined wing-bar and the white on the eye also seems a bit muddled without a distinct spectacle. it is also a migrant here and Ebird is not showing reports of them in this area.  The belly seems a very even yellowish wash.  The beak does have a small hook and it does have whiskers.  Yellowish color on edge of wings was a distinct feather.  

Unknown2-2298.jpg

Unknown2-2299.jpg

Unknown2-2300.jpg

Unknown2-2305.jpg

Unknown2-2310.jpg

Thank you.  I will add that Madera Canyon is just south of Tucson AZ up in the mountains.  The ID of Hutton's looks good with my Sibley's.  The songs seems different but it is entirely possible that I am remembering it incorrectly after a day of birding.