Whatbird Community

Rare Birds!!!

Nivalis

I went to Sunol Regional Wilderness in Alameda County (Bay Area, CA) on Friday and saw American Dipper and Canyon Wren on the same day. American Dipper used to breed in the county in the 1980s and 90s, but this is only the third in the 21st century! Canyon Wren isn’t flagged rare on eBird, but it definitely should be...

16B18CF2-347C-486C-A1FE-931D4AEFBE7C.thumb.jpeg.9218203bea71dda1d453afa5c7aa45c3.jpeg

F062856D-AF9D-4C0F-BAE6-CAA593AE1077.thumb.jpeg.d8c8f2854317348caa298d5299830ee9.jpeg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AlexHenry said:

Marin is crazy right now! Wish I could’ve gotten out there this weekend, but I’m recovering from a pretty bad case of Poison Oak 😭

It's doing pretty good. That poison oak is unfortunate, I had it really bad 3 times last year. I feel like I've been getting it more frequently. Hopefully you feel better soon.

42 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

Sorry, not near Palo Pinto. :classic_sad: The lifers were at Corpus Christi. We’re now in Fulton, and getting ready to go to Aransas NWR in a few hours. We’ll get some good birding there! 😋

Wow, have fun at Aransas! 

Edited by Birding Boy
Autocorrect