Whatbird Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kerri

Ebird Hot Spot question

I've seen a Ebird Hot Spot that is close to my home. I've driven by several times but can not figure out how to access the area without parking on the side of the road. Is there anyway I can contact someone who has visited the location or can you explain how I can contact perhaps the local Ebird reviewer for help in finding out? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. 

I find it hard to contact anybody through eBird. I would search through checklists and find someone's profile who includes contact information. Otherwise, I would probably look for tire tracks where people have pulled off a lot. Sometimes birders are crazy and simply park on the side of the road :classic_laugh: . If there is a local Audubon group in your area, they will probably know as well.

• Thanks 1

Thank you! I will go through the checklists and see if someone has contact info.Great idea 🙂

Same problem for a local hotspot and eventually found out there is one location where the fence has been "lowered" (had to quiz a number of local birders to eventually get the answer). The first visit was a complete waste of time - but then again no-one said birding wasn't a challenge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kerri, where are you located? I am a hotspot reviewer/editor for eBird in Georgia.

I can get you in touch with your local hotspot editor.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Pinging @Kerri.  Where is this hotspot?

I know of a couple hotspots in central SC that are stretches of road with nothing else to access.  You park, look, drive a little further, park, look, etc.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 1