Whatbird Community
Sign in to follow this  
bpresby

Sparrow Help

OK, I'm pretty sure this is not a House Sparrow since it was smaller and didn't have the same behavior.  I'm also pretty sure it's not a Song Sparrow since no streaked breast and also smaller.  I'm thinking a Chipping Sparrow even though similar to Clay-colored.  All help welcomed and appreciated.  Sorry iPhone photos but with an 11 so a little better than my 10. :)

Sparrow1.jpg.6b93075d89b358be491e9d35a4c2c079.jpgsparrow2.jpg.ad1fcb26e682ca25903e453cf2a1d2ef.jpgsparrow3.jpg.aef9331ae59ecbafc13bcd5de22c077c.jpg

Chipping Sparrow is correct. Clay-colored have whiter eyebrows, a buffier breast, and an eyeline that stops at the eyes and does not go to the lores as in a Chipping.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, akandula said:

Chipping Sparrow is correct. Clay-colored have whiter eyebrows, a buffier breast, and an eyeline that stops at the eyes and does not go to the lores as in a Chipping.

Agree. 

Also,  please post location and date for photos in the future.  It is really helpful.

• Like 1

Thanks.  Sorry was in a rush.  Yes, Orange County, CA this morning 1/19/20.  

I appreciate the help.

BOb