Whatbird Community
Aveschapines

Eliminate the "Welcome Back" notice?

Should I remove the "welcome back" message at the top of the forums?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Has it outlived its useful life?

• Yes, remove it.
    • No, keep it there.

Hi folks! Browsing through the forums today I was thinking that we probably don't need the "welcome back" message at the top of the forums anymore, since we've been "back" for a year and a half now, so probably old members have wandered back by now. Do you agree? Reomoving it would clean up the site a little.

I'll do a quick poll in case you'd like to just cick an opinon.

Helen

I was wondering about that myself last week, that it had been 18 months since the reboot.  Maybe unpin 'Birding Categories' too, since it doesn't look like those are going to change.

Edited by Charlie Spencer

Funny, I thought about that yesterday.

Edited by Kevin

1 hour ago, Aveschapines said:

So are we all psychically linked or something? LOL! 

Not sure what you mean.:classic_blink:?

7 hours ago, HamRHead said:

I voted yes, but maybe we should at least leave it up until Psweet returns 🙏

@psweet was active for a few months after the crash.  Leave a candle in the window, but it may be time to take down the 'Grand Re-opening' signs.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

@psweet was active for a few months after the crash.  Leave a candle in the window, but it may be time to take down the 'Grand Re-opening' signs.

Oh, you're right. I forgot he was here briefly.

Eliminate the "Eliminate the 'Welcome Back' notice?" Discussion?

Hi folks! Browsing through the forums today I was thinking that we probably don't need the "Eliminate the 'welcome back' message" discussion at the top of the forums anymore, since we've been "voting" for a day now, so probably old members have voted by now. Do you agree? Reomoving it would clean up the site a little.

:classic_tongue:

• Haha 4

I vote yes to eliminating the "Eliminate the 'Welcome Back' notice?" discussion. As soon as the "Welcome Back" notice is deleted.:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

There certainly are some "old" members missing, but they can still come back if they want.

I deactivated the message, since the response so far has been overwhelmingly remove it/don't care (number of views greatly exceeds number of votes). I'll leave the discussion pinned for a few more days in case someone wants to try to convince me otherwise (the message can be reactivated easily). 

Thanks for participating!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Aveschapines said:

There certainly are some "old" members missing, but they can still come back if they want.

I deactivated the message, since the response so far has been overwhelmingly remove it/don't care (number of views greatly exceeds number of votes). I'll leave the discussion pinned for a few more days in case someone wants to try to convince me otherwise (the message can be reactivated easily). 

Thanks for participating!

I see you did the 'Birding Categories' discussion too.

35 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I see you did the 'Birding Categories' discussion too.

Yes, and also the "First bird of 2020"; both threads are still there, just not pinned.

• Like 1