Whatbird Community
Bigblue72

I need a bird ID from audio file

Hello All, I watch a live video feed of a deer feeding station up in middle Maine and heard a bird that I had never heard previously. I tried a few of the bird sound ID apps but they could not ID what bird it was. I was hoping you kind folks here could help me. I included the audio file below for listening. Thank you in advance for any help. BTW, the live feed in on youtube and can be found by searching Brownville food Pantry for Deer.

I see a lot of people have listened to the file and have no clue. Does anyone know where else I could submit the file to to try and get an answer?

Time of day might be useful.  I'm guessing daytime, but it might be good to be sure.

I'm thinking Raccoon.

I see the resemblance to a Sandhill Crane, but I don't think that's what it is.

By the way, I've sometimes gotten answers on bird audio at xeno-canto when no one here answered.

Edited by Jerry Friedman
  • Like 2

You guys nailed it, it is the call of the Sandhill Crane. Aewsome job guys.Thank you so very much. They are fairly new to Maine and have been spotted before in the area the audio was recorded.

• Like 1