Whatbird Community

Lifers

Well... i guess there is now a time limit to edit a post. After uploading the pics, I wanted to edit to add the species names... but was not allowed to. They are:

1. Red-backed Shrike

2. Mediterranean Gull(on left) with Black-headed Gulls on right(not lifers)

3. Little Owl

4. Black-winged Stilt

5. Greater Flamingo

6. Little Bustard

7. Citril Finch

8. Eurasian Eagle Owl.

I have plenty of others, but maybe I'll post another day. And BTW,  I didn't want to do a trip report anyway.(shame all the old TR are gone)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Roughly the end of June, about the time the forum wasn't quite up, I saw a silhouettes of a bird I hadn't seen before from my sunroom window. All I could see was a buff body through my binoculars. Too many leaves in the way. The Merlin app suggested a cuckoo, but that sightings weren't common. We had an enormous house repair project going at the time, so I shelved my daily nature perusing for the most part. About 10 days later, after a huge rainstorm, I was looking out the window again. This time I got a really good look at the bird. It was a Yellow-billed Cuckoo. The white circles on the tail were magnificent. He looked just like the first photo on my Audubon app. Now that I know what he sounds like, I try to get my camera to get a photo of him. He's still around here. I heard him yesterday afternoon. Still, no luck with a photo, but I'm glad to add him to my growing list!

• Like 1

Here are some nice photos from Colorado that helped bring me up to ABA#302.   Swainson's Hawk was #300.

43083441345_699c7d075e.jpgDSC09596r green-tailed towhee by Mark Ross, on Flickr

30120644898_807099c813.jpgDSC09500r western kingbird by Mark Ross, on Flickr

29051377787_6974a37aaa.jpgDSC09308r Mississippi Kite by Mark Ross, on Flickr

30120608688_92e936b891.jpgDSC09902r rufous hummingbird by Mark Ross, on Flickr

29051368317_5d4ac1802a.jpgDSC00022r Swainson's Hawk by Mark Ross, on Flickr

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...