Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Lifers


Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Nowhere near as good of photos as @Birding Boy, but I got my lifer Little Gull today. I think @DLecy got some good pictures.

2400

I got some decent shots that I'll post soon. Nothing award winning as the lighting was tough. Lifer for me too!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spotted Painted Buntings a number of times earlier in the year, however, Ebird classified the sightings as "sensitive," so I honored their wishes and didn't brag about it on those days, as this could have given away the location based on my checklists for those days.

I wasn't too worried about any forum member or anybody else coming across the post showing up to the location and stealing or harassing the birds, but I had to honor the site's wishes.  

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, dragon49 said:

I spotted Painted Buntings a number of times earlier in the year, however, Ebird classified the sightings as "sensitive," so I honored their wishes and didn't brag about it on those days, as this could have given away the location based on my checklists for those days.

I wasn't too worried about any forum member or anybody else coming across the post showing up to the location and stealing or harassing the birds, but I had to honor the site's wishes.  

 

You may report them to Ebird. Ebird still counts it on your life list and everything, but automatically hides it from the public’s view. 

Edited by IKLland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, IKLland said:

You may report them to Ebird. Ebird still counts it on your life list and everything, but automatically hides it from the public’s view. 

Ty - I did and saw that Ebird said it was hiding it from all views except my own.  Looks like they are just catching up with their database, as the last time I checked while logged in as myself, one of the entries showed up from the hotspot, and another one just showed the county.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, dragon49 said:

Ty - I did and saw that Ebird said it was hiding it from all views except my own.  Looks like they are just catching up with their database, as the last time I checked while logged in as myself, one of the entries showed up from the hotspot, and another one just showed the county.

I think Painted Buntings are only marked as sensitive during the winter in Florida, but I'd have to check to make sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

White-winged Dove!  I've heard this call many times before at this hotspot, but have never seen the bird, and until today, my iPhone's microphone didn't pick enough of the call to be recognizable.  Today, I got fed up and held the phone as far away as I could over the railing, microphone side out, and was able to get a good enough quality recording for the bird to get identified.  Ty @Aidan B for the confirm:

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/451634811

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, chipperatl said:

County 1st record Red-necked Phalarope.  Very stubborn bird that wanted to stay on the far side of the lagoon.

1200

Can your county just calm down and go a day without some kind of big rarity?!?! Just kidding, great find! Still need one for my county!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...