Whatbird Community

Lifers

21 minutes ago, Snake Fingers said:

Nice new profile picture!

Thanks!!! It would have been my favorite Tanager shot except it looks weird full sized...Makes a great profile picture though because you can't notice the flaws when it's that small!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Mourning Warbler in my yard!!! Last county record was in 2019! Super skulky, I had to go through a lot of brush.1800.thumb.jpg.d014a6dfa98f1e86a107b770485bfb8b.jpgHopefully you can find the bird!

EPIC yardbird!

• Like 5

We visited the gulf coast of Florida last weekend and had a great time.  Birding was not the main objective but we were able to sneak away once or twice.  I had no binoculars and no camera.  In addition to the normal "florida birds", we were pleased to see Eastern Meadowlarks, Common Ground Doves and even a Swallow-Tail Kite.  The highlights were 2 lifers - Florida Scrub Jay and Crested Caracara.  It made my day 😀

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Avery said:

I swear you’ve posted photos of Barn Owls here before. Wrong topic, or am I losing my mind?

Wrong topic!😂😂. Meant to put that in “your favorite bird of the day”. Sorry! And yes, I’ve seen and heard many barn owls. 

• Like 1