Whatbird Community

Thanks.  Forgot to mention that they were flying to the left (since that may not be obvious in the terrible photos).  When I zoomed in, I thought I saw dark heads but who knows.  Just thought I'd give it a shot here before deleting them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tony Leukering said:

Scaup -- who knows which, but they seem more like Greaters.

Agreed.

• Like 1

hmm....  I'm sorry but, anyone that's going to claim an ID on those photos better give an explanation. Those are just blobs with almost NO distinguishable shapes.  On the birds where it looks like(IF I'm seeing anything right) the wings are down, I'd expect to see some more dark areas and not THAT much white...
I'm not going to say they're not scaups...  I'm just having a hard time seeing it and really would like someone to explain. :)

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, zdgesb84 said:

Thanks.  Forgot to mention that they were flying to the left (since that may not be obvious in the terrible photos).  When I zoomed in, I thought I saw dark heads but who knows.  Just thought I'd give it a shot here before deleting them.

13 minutes ago, Tony Leukering said:

If you look at the right-side birds, you can see that they are in flight, with dark heads and extensive white in the wings.

Oh, I thought they were bobbing on the surface.