Whatbird Community

I think the default for SoCal would be a Western Bluebird.  The shape and proportions look right, but I don't know if they usually hide in a closet with the lights out.  It's going to take someone with better photo editing skill than I have to brighten this up.

Edited by Charlie Spencer

I took the liberty of lightening the photo...hope this helps with an ID for the OP. 

I do not think it is a Western Bluebird...looks like a  Scrub-Jay to me, not sure if its a California or Woodhouse's tho so wait for more input. 🙂

w bluebird 02-25-2020.....jpg

19 minutes ago, Melierax said:

Oh I see now. Ha!

18 minutes ago, lonesome55dove said:

Yep, it is. We responded to the first one. 🙂

Nice of y'all to join us.  After all, I -DID- link to this one in the original.

But we're agreed, CASJ?

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Nice of y'all to join us.  After all, I -DID- link to this one in the original.  But we're agreed, CASJ?

Yes, well, apparently you was adding the new link as I was typing my response so I wasn't  that late to the party, lol!!! 🙂  Agreed, CASJ.

• Like 1

You guys had me so confused until I read halfway down the post! When the threads got merged everything was resorted by time stamp so the flow of posts made no sense at all. 🙃

What's interesting is the first shot is much brighter on my home monitor than at work, although the monitor at work is at least ten years newer.  I don't recall tweaking the brightness on either one but on my home monitor, the photo is light enough to be clearly distinguishable as a CASJ.

3 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

What's interesting is the first shot is much brighter on my home monitor than at work, although the monitor at work is at least ten years newer.  I don't recall tweaking the brightness on either one but on my home monitor, the photo is light enough to be clearly distinguishable as a CASJ.

The first photo on my monitor is almost totally black...I had to lighten it just to be able to see anything. 🙂   

Hey, everyone. My sincerest apologies on the double post. What I thought I had done was gone into the original post and changed the image from the original to the one I adjusted the exposure on. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize it split it two

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, FineFeatheredFriends said:

Hey, everyone. My sincerest apologies on the double post. What I thought I had done was gone into the original post and changed the image from the original to the one I adjusted the exposure on. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize it split it two

Aw! No worries...it happens once in a while and is an easy fix. Glad you were able to get an ID on your photo. Happy Birding!! 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SirVive said:

You guys had me so confused until I read halfway down the post! When the threads got merged everything was resorted by time stamp so the flow of posts made no sense at all. 🙃

Interesting. I had assumed the posts from the thread that got moved stayed together. I'll have to remember to add a notice in the future when I merge two complicated threads.