Whatbird Community

The link isn't working, but I can tell you that 2 people said Turkey Vulture, 4 people said bird sp., and 2 people said Golden Eagle.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I agree that it's not a raven of any sort. I cannot see this bird being a Turkey Vulture, either. I don't agree that flapping rules out Golden Eagle. They regularly travel long distances in flapping flight. They cross Lake Superior at Whitefish Point doing it -- shortest crossing = 13 miles.

Of course, the flapping flight of Turkey Vulture, Golden Eagle, and Common Raven are all utterly different from each other, such that, with extensive experience, one can differentiate amongst them with ease. Video would have been much more useful here.

I vote for "diurnal raptor sp."

Edited by Tony Leukering
typo
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I agree that this bird is most certainly not a Turkey Vulture, or a Raven, or Eagle. I agree with Tony, go for “diurnal raptor species”.

Edited by Nivalis
Typo

Why not a juvenile Bald Eagle? Seems to fit that better than anything else, with the broad bulging wings and large head.