Whatbird Community

wild turkey

so i saw a wild turkey today across the street by the woods, so i started up ebird to report it and it's being listed at rare. !!?? what?! this is the 3rd time ive seen them in the past few months, so its hard to call them rare. anyway, before i officially report this and load up the pic as evidence.  can yall verify this is in fact a wild turkey. thanks!

**edit - she? was shaking off the rain at the time, so thats why the photo is blurry

IMG_0814.JPG

Edited by insanityslave

Agree with Wild Turkey. I think in some areas these birds may occur frequently in one location but still be rare county wide. As an example, I live near the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge where Wild Turkeys are seen fairly frequently, but overall in the county a Wild Turkey is still considered a rare find.

• Like 1

Interesting. Submit it and ask the reviewer(you can comment on the bird and say you don't know why it's being flagged, they might email you. Our reviewer in AR emails people) why is it being flagged... I looked at eBird maps and they show turkeys for the state ALL over... the bar charts for the state show year round... I don't know if it's different by county... it may be an area where they're not typically reported or something.

• Like 1